Cost of living
If work/life balance and the cost of living are the rationale for moving, then Waterford should be top of your list. The cost of living in Waterford is significantly lower than in Dublin.
According to www.numbeo.com as of April 2015:
You would need €3370.97 in Waterford to maintain the same standard of life that costs €4100 in Dublin which takes into account Consumer Index, Rent Index and net earnings (after income tax). That is a difference of nearly 22%.
- Rent in Waterford is 54.54% lower than Dublin.
- Restaurant prices are 15.88% lower than Dublin.
- Grocery prices are 12.41% lower than Dublin.
According to the PRTB website in conjunction with the ESRI, here are examples of housing costs comparisons as of Q4 2014:
- Monthly Rent for One Bed Apartment Dublin City Centre = €902
- Monthly rent for One Bed Apartment Waterford City = €426
- Monthly rent for Semi-Detached House Dublin = €1200
- Monthly rent for Semi-Detached House Waterford City = €632
The information on this page was gathered from www.numbeo.com as of April 2015. We've made a considerable effort to confirm that this information is accurate, but in some cases it may be incomplete or incorrect. The information on this page may not be current when you read it.